Our team is the centralized office for coordinating compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other disability-related laws and regulations for the University of Michigan across Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint. The ADA applies to any qualified individual with a disability. This includes patients, visitors, students, faculty, staff, and applicants.
The ADA team acts as a resource to inform individuals of the various processes, supports, and options to address disability and accessibility issues. We can help with:
- Accommodations (modifications made to ensure equitable access)
- Policy/climate training and awareness
- Architectural barriers and/or physical accessibility
- Discrimination or harassment on the basis of disability
- Digital accessibility consultations
- Public/sporting event access
- Guidance regarding service and support animals on campus
- Disability resources at U-M
We welcome the opportunity to connect with you directly regarding your questions, concerns, experiences, and ideas. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the ADA Request Form.